Uloba and its members fight for equality, freedom and anti-discrimination. We are a political spearhead that promotes equality in line with the Independent Living ideology. Citizen-controlled personal assistance (PA) is our equality promotion tool.
The organisation works to give all disabled people the opportunity to live free lives.
- By being an agenda setter in the development of PA
- By being the most competent party in the PA field
- By being an Independent Living organisation
- By basing our expertise on our own experience and understanding
- By carrying out our work from the peer perspective
- By providing tools that enable everyone to participate in education and the labour market
- By setting the standard as a job provider for disabled people
- By incorporating universal design into all our activities
What do we want to achieve?
- To strengthen our role as a political mouthpiece for the equality of disabled people
- To be a visible driving force for our political views
- To engage disabled people, politicians and society as a whole in the fight for equality for disabled people
- To challenge established attitudes, prejudices, myths and political views linked to disabled people and who we are
Disabled people will have achieved equality when…
We will have come a long way towards success in our equality work:
- When it is a matter of course that all children go to the same schools
- When we can use our qualifications in a job
- When people ask us what we do, not what is wrong with us
- When facilitation (aids, assistance, interpreting services etc.) is based on own needs, not on a diagnosis
- When reporting, documentation or restrictions on travel are not required for disabled people who need assistance
- When we are not seen as victims, but as resourceful citizens
- When the term ‘disabled’ is no longer used, and we form part of the diversity of society